The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am really new, and I need some help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitfox2049
Plywood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: I am really new, and I need some help. Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I fell in love with Guzheng about a year and a half ago and decided that I was going to buy one. So it's here and I do not have any clue what I am doing with it. I can only speak and read english (uh-oh, the music book I bought is in chinese) I have already followed some of Yukina's posts and tuned it and got it sounding good (I think). I even bought the same tuner. I think that I can get the music notation. I just don't understand what all of the symbols mean. I already have the sheet that someone posted on the forum. The stuff I don't understand: a horizontal zig-zag below da-cuo. the dot above or beside a number, a number above a number, the line, or double line beneath notes.

Also, since I am new, is it better to start with picks, or not, keep in mind I am a nail biter. (I know it's bad, and I should have grown out of that by now.) Thanks for all of your help so far and any you can provide me in the future.
Keith
i.guzheng
Nanmu Mica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Kitfox2049:

here is the link should answer some of your questions: http://www.soundofchina.com/technique.html

cheers;
kitfox2049
Plywood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Technique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: