The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An interesting German guzheng music

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: An interesting German guzheng music Reply with quote

This one is interesting! The guzheng is strung totally the opposite. German always make nice music! Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-7QCBVLbkU
Royce
Rosewood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: An interesting German guzheng music Reply with quote

Hey! This is the guzheng I bought in 2005 from Peter Kahl in Hong Kong. It was made for my son, Norman, but his teacher didn't like the fact that the distance between strings was smaller than with a standard zheng, and Norman had troubles adjusting to that distance at his lessons. Buedi needed an instrument without an S-curve he could pick up in Germany, so came to Mannheim and bought it from me. He'd taught himself to play having strung the instrument backwards, and didn't want to change. I'm glad he's been doing such wonderful things with this beautiful, smaller instrument, carved out of one or 2 pieces of Wutong wood.
Keng Yap
Plywood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Picks on the Wrong Side of Fingers Reply with quote

There is a reason why normal guzheng players tape the picks on the palmer/ventral side of the finder tips. Putting the picks on the opposite side does not make physical sense, due to the direction that the fingers pluck the strings. This may explain why the picks kept coming loose (if you watch the video), although the guitar thumb pick held on better. However, a guzheng without the S-curve actually makes sense, because the S-shaped string rest is on the non-vibrating (left) side of the strings that is not plucked, which means the shape is decorative only and serves no acoustic purposes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Video All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: