The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visited a Good Teacher in Madison

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcqueenorama
Plywood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Visited a Good Teacher in Madison Reply with quote

I travel around the US a few times per year, and I always check to see if there are any guzheng teachers in the area. Usually there are none, but I went to Madison Wisconsin last week, and visited the Emay, who is listed here:

http://www.chinesezither.net/resource.html

I was very fortunate I did too. I had several great lessons with Emay. She is very skilled and patient, knows well how to teach, and knows the more modern techniques which I had been wanting to learn. Its the style I see in most of my favorite youtube videos, but my local teacher doesn't teach those skills. I arrived empty handed, since I had not expected any guzheng action, and I was able to use her books, picks, and guzheng. It was great! She speaks English, and has a convenient location close to downtown. Some teachers are totally pushy about selling, but not Emay.

I recommend her, and she offers online Skype sessions too, for the internet crowd.

I don't feel right about putting her contact info into this page myself, but she's listed on the page I linked above. So send her an email and setup a visit.
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: