The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Standard string spacing on a guzheng

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jess
Plywood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Standard string spacing on a guzheng Reply with quote

Hi!

I've enjoyed browsing this forum, and have just joined so I could participate and ask several questions about the guzheng.

I have a guzheng at home (don't know what brand/model) and I've noticed that the string spacing is wider than the dunhuang my teacher has (a good 3-4cm wider over the 21 strings). Is there a standard spacing for strings, or is it different for different brands?

Jess
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not really an official standard spacing, but Dunhuang spacing is considered as industry standard. Some brands such as Jinyun do have wider spacing.
Jess
Plywood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yukina! Thank you for your reply.

It's a bit annoying playing (particularly performing) on a guzheng with different string spacings, but I guess it's one of those things we can't do anything about.

Jess
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Instrument All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: