The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Beginner Boot Camp" opportunities?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UpstreamSalmon
Plywood

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: "Beginner Boot Camp" opportunities? Reply with quote

Greetings!

I've been interested in learning guzheng for some time now, but I am leery of beginning without a firm grasp of the fundamentals.

For other instruments, I've usually taught myself, but with concentrated workshops over the summer. These are pretty easy to find for Irish traditional music, but I can't seem to find anything for Chinese music. The closest I've found was that London Youlan Qin society. Since I live in Vermont, that's a bit difficult to arrange.

What I mean is, a weekend or week-long seminar with two or three classes per day. I love these types of events aside from just the technical instruction. Does anyone know of something like this for guzheng in North America?

Also, any information on good teachers for beginners in Northern New England would be appreciated! thanks.
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Lark Summer Camp sometimes offer Chinese instruments camp. My teacher taught there for a few summers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Technique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: