The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Haha! Storage Wars found a zheng!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Haha! Storage Wars found a zheng! Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100752111574267&set=vb.138772236175401&type=2&theater

Yes we all know this as the limited edition mother of pearl Scarlet Bird ! So fun ! I wish I can find the full episode of this !!!

Happy treasure finding everyone hahahahaaaa !!! Who would do such a thing, just abandon their things. Shame !

Love,

Vi An
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Soprano Koto!!!! Reply with quote

http://vimeo.com/26866625

Who wants one?????!!!!!! I do!

Love,

Vi An.
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, that little one is so cute!
Carey
Baby Guzheng

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, wish I can watch that episode too! Makes me wonder who was the original owner, a guzheng player or just a collector of musical instruments?
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know right?!

I am absolutely curious to no end eeeeeeeeeeek!
I personally don't think it was a collector but I don't know anything yet about that episode, because if it was - what happened to them, they must have collected so much that they went totally belly up broke!!!! These storage places I know them very well because I used to have up to 35 instruments and when I was moving and traveling for 5 years straight by myself, they were very good with sending notice about my next bill, because that is where they get their money, they get NOTHING if they have to get rid of your 'stuff', but luckily I had post dated checks so I never lost anything.

I think it was just someone who wanted to buy it to learn, but they wanted something 'unique' and 'looks good', something to take good care of you know???? I laughed and cried when I saw that tiny short clip! I wish it was my instrument! Now I am poor and can't afford to have any more, I can only help my students buy them, when they arrive to my apartment I open them up and set them up, it is like sending a child away to school hahahahahaa! I am too sentimental so I will end my post now- thank you.

Vi An.
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny. The Storage Wars people first came to me about that Scarlet Bird mother-of-pearl guzheng. I helped them filmed a short video at a Japanese garden near by. A couple days later, they emailed me saying there is something wrong with the film, and they need to retake. However, at the time, I was on a trip to China already. Then, they asked a local teacher Barbie Chien to do the filming.

That is an interesting guzheng. It's a Scarlet Bird without any marks. There is no logo in the back or tag in the front. (It's a sign that it's bought from another local teacher who sells Scarlet Bird is a ripping-people-off price without telling the brand name of the instrument. This teacher claimed it's made by a private master maker who's ancestor has been making guzheng for generations in the palace.)

The sound is not particular good. It's dampened for sitting in the storage too long. It will need a lot of care to make it live again. However, that guzheng has a zitan ivory bridge set on it. These bridges are so rare and precious nowadays, I almost want to steal the set from them. LOL!
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh, fascinating piece of information, funny - I thought you may have known something about this Yukina since the show is filmed in the CA area!

Very interesting indeed. Well the guy on the show is from Canada.

What do you expect is what I tell myself now that I learned a little more about the background to the show and its findings, based on what you are sharing, that it is a TV show -- it is all about 'sensationalism' and NOTHING particularly useful or 'real'. TV shows are there to make the masses dumber and dumber, lazier and easier to persuade to 'consume' things which aren't really what they 'seem'.

Luckily I got rid of my 1970's tv set in 1998.
i.guzheng
Nanmu Mica

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once a customer told me they were auctioning couple of dragon crafted on guzhengs. The auctioner said they are very rare because there are only 10 of them like it in the whole world. So I was almost LOL like seriously, because two of my students already each own one . . . . .

So are the "Storage War" actually buy items and claim they are from expired storage contracts to make a sounds like a bargin ??
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These tv shows make it out to be as if they found treasure island in an abandoned storage trailer, when really -- it is only valuable if the auction shows many people would pay many dollars for it.

In reality if the item is 'said to be valuable' and turns out only 3 people competed for the item, and then the winning bid was only $100 but a appraiser said it was 'really limited edition and worth $1000'. That means the item is only worth $100 to one person!

These shows make TV magic fun to watch for people who don't go out side much Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Video All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: