The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

transportation from China

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainbow
Plywood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: transportation from China Reply with quote

I'm planning to go back to China. I was thinking to buy a Guzheng there if I see something good. Does anyone know if I can check the Guzheng package on the plane. Or do I need to pay extra charge for it? Thanks.
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to pay way much more super over the top extra, correct me if I am wrong - someone? chinesezither.net has perfectly amazing and super duper affordable instruments, you are thinking you'll get a good deal or it might be cheaper in China? Just curious.
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make sure you get a hard case or a have the store wrapped the guzheng in a carton box with foam and cushion. The airlines will charge an oversize fee ranging from $275 - $375. It depends on which airline you take. A friend of mine just took United two week ago from Shanghai to San Francisco, and the oversize fee for the guzheng was $275.
I've called Eva Airlines before, and they charge $325. You can call in and provide the size and weight to the airline and see how much they charge.

The guzheng box is apprx. 67" x 17" x 9" , 25 lbs.
rainbow
Plywood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Yukina. Your information is very helpful. Vi-An is right. You sell good price and good quality Guzheng. I bought two Guzheng from you already and all the accessories. It seems that I'll give up the idea to bring back one from China.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: