The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOC Nine Dragon Nanmu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunny
Nanmu Mica

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: SOC Nine Dragon Nanmu Reply with quote

One of my friends just starts learning Guzheng. So I introduced him to buy one from Yukina, Sound of China. My friend chose a Nine Dragon Nanmu one(understand he likes the carving one). I ordered from Yukina, the order was placed easily, the instrument had been delivered so quickly with a perfect condition!!! Yesterday I have set up the bridges and tuned the strings. Now, I start playing. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! the sound is so excellent. Eventhough it is not as sweet as Old Rosewood nor pure as Zitan, it is so resonant, long ringing and firm. This is absolutely much better than the other brands' Nine Dragon Nanmu I have ever seen before. This one is the 5th Guzheng I bought from SOC, they never let me down!!!! Thanks again for a sincere and impressive service.
rosie.Guzheng
Plywood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know there is another one worth for consideration. I like Nanmu, its sound is deep, earthy and warm. My next guzheng will be the one made by Tianyi but it is not available yet and I am still waiting.
Sunny
Nanmu Mica

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I had one Tianyi Nanmu with the mica inlay. If compare this one (air-dried sound board) with the Nine Dragon which is not, the sound is quite different. The air-dried one is not as punchy, sharp and resonant as the Nine Dragon. While the Nine Dragon is not as warm and deep as the air-dried one. I think the man may prefer Nine Dragon while girl may prefer the air-dried Nanmu. However now you have to choose!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Instrument All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: