The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guzheng factories? 3 months

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imm0rtality8
Plywood

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Guzheng factories? 3 months Reply with quote

Hi, I am looking to go to a few guzheng factories as I have fallen in love with the instrument. I want to try them all but am equipped with 3 months of playing. I am a guitar player and teacher of over 10 years. I really like the sound of the scarlet bird. 10a, b or 11a? What's the difference? Do I need to set something up to allow for them making it for me? I heard there is a waiting list.

Thanks!
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is a waiting list for Scarlet Bird high-ends. Sometimes they have demo available in their showroom. They just moved to a bigger planet. I haven't visited yet.

I believe 10A has been discontinued. 10B is a higher grade sound than the 10A under the same construction. The 11A has a different construction. The body is slimmer and more archy. It gives a more balance tone. Overall it doesn't sound as loud and bassy as the 10B, but it's more balance and smooth. The design is in response to people's complaint about the Scarlet Bird's over powerful bass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Instrument All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: