The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No warranty??!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thanh
Plywood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: No warranty??!! Reply with quote

Hi Guise!

The seller of my Yun Dunghuang Guzheng says the Guzheng doesn't have warranty. The seller of my Guzheng wich is a Music Store in Zurich they don't even give me the certificate of the Guzheng and they dont sell it in Guzheng sets. Every time my Guzheng gets damaged i have to bring it to someone to fix it and it cost over 100$. And a beginner Guzheng of them cost 990$ each without accessories and stand. I was so stupid to trust them. When i buyed a guzheng from Carol at the beginning it didnt happend. I'm so angry right now!

Btw i sorry for my english when I'm not in a good mood then my english sucks. Sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guzheng factories normally offer 1-year limited warranty on guzheng. It does not cover hard wood frame cracking, since that is heavily influenced by the weather. It does not cover string breaking, of course.
It mainly covers cracks on soundboard and backboard. Since these boards are made with paulownia that shouldn't crack of warp due to weather condition.

Any way, what exactly is damaged on your guzheng?
thanh
Plywood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yukina wrote:
Guzheng factories normally offer 1-year limited warranty on guzheng. It does not cover hard wood frame cracking, since that is heavily influenced by the weather. It does not cover string breaking, of course.
It mainly covers cracks on soundboard and backboard. Since these boards are made with paulownia that shouldn't crack of warp due to weather condition.

Any way, what exactly is damaged on your guzheng?

A few pins got ripped out and damaged the wood from the Pin hole and the backboard of my guzheng got a crack. Maybe you Carol can call the music store and explain it to them.

Music Store:

Klanghaus Gandharva Loka Zürich

Brunngasse 7
CH-8001 Zürich

Tel: +41/ 44/ 260 36 16
Fax: +41/ 44/ 260 36 17
zurich@gandharvaloka.com

They are open from 11am-1pm and from 2pm-6pm on the week days.
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't sound like a well-made instrument! Are you sure that's an authentic Dunhuang Yun?
I've never seen guzheng in this condition. I could understand a pin got loose occasionally, but a few pins ripped out is unimaginable.
You really need to talk to them about the authenticity of the instrument. Plus, Dunhuang does offer 1-year warranty, and life-time repair for basic cost. They should be able to talk to the factory about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Instrument All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: