The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cool tuning?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
applevinegar
Rosewood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: cool tuning? Reply with quote

I was tuning by ear and came up with this. (skip to 3:20 for the good part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp0TJXUxzuA

What do you think? I want to know what it makes you imagine. . . clouds? colors? animals? maybe? Razz
It makes me think of the bitter taste of lavender and a very slow, cloudy day.

Hope someone enjoys it Shocked
applevinegar
Rosewood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ie. Please Enjoy Shocked
applevinegar
Rosewood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somehow I get the feeling I don't have the right audience. Anyone know a more suitable place to advertise my kind of music? hmm.... I donno, I just kind of sometimes get the feeling that I don't belong here that much. I'm a guy who likes kind of 'rough' music and this forum seems mostly for very girly zither peoples. . . This feels out of place for me a bit but I don't know where else I should be... Confused
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - you know I always enjoy your sharing these. Sometimes I don't feel I belong because I'm some what an outcast, I intuitively improvise all of my original and avant-garde pieces of music for Asian long-zithers, so, it is not important if anyone enjoys it, you have to enjoy it first. There is ALWAYS someone who will enjoy it. For the first couple of years of my independent full time musical career I thought no one was enjoying my music, turns out after 22 thousand copies of my debut album sold in less than a year I quickly realized that I am NOT in control. All I can do is continue to enjoy and to share.

So I ENCOURAGE you to share all the time. No matter WHAT your style and preference is, that is irrelevant - everyone can chose what they like it is a free universe.

Keep up the great expressions! Best - always.
applevinegar
Rosewood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU YET AGAIN FOR YOUR encouragement Vi An! Shocked
Very Happy
YES-- Peer pressure can be really hard sometimes... It is like an invisible battle to stay true to our hearts INSTEAD of just trying to be what we THINK others want us to be and in the end find that we neither please ourselves or others. . . that is why certain like-minded musicians need to stick together and encourage each other-- before they become Assimilated by the BorG!!!! Embarassed Twisted Evil
So. Here is your reWaRD for being so nice to me, here is my most recent and super-kalifragilistc HOME-MADE SUPER-COOL guzheng-improvisational ultra-fantastic spasticly-rhythmic and therapeutic MUSIC-VIDEO inspired by a cool refreshing evening and heaven's wonders!: Shocked

Cool Evening Breeze (by Matthew B.)
Arrow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I078OP0sfQ

(Please enjoy even as you merely click the link! Shocked)

Last edited by applevinegar on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
applevinegar
Rosewood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Vi An said--
It is "free universe" so please CLICK! Shocked
(HAW HAW!-- sorry I'm having too much fun... Laughing )
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: So enjoyable! Reply with quote

YES! This is the energy and sharing joyfulness I want to see around here MORE MORE MORE. Not enough of this youthful playful discovery process sharing around here these days.

Here is more sharing in case you all haven't had a chance to enjoy my TED-Talks performance with my trio CONTINUUMUSIC with xahoon, santur, zheng and frame drum:

http://youtu.be/nXeHFyaDEg4

We're all just free-form improvising together all the time, on or off stage, we're always playing from feeling, imagination and our hungry guts...

*Teehehehe*

Keep sharing I LOVE your videos and charm.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Vi An.
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: More original content please! Reply with quote

YES! Thank you for your continued commitment to original content sharing on this amazing instrument right? It is an incredible instrument that can amplify our heart's every wish and paint beautiful sounds with our wildest imaginations, so why be stuck - let it all free and create, more original and inspired sharing encouraged here.

Keep the inspiration flowing and flowing.

Originality is the theme of this era! Yeah!

^_^
Sunny
Nanmu Mica

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vi An, I really enjoy your TED-Talks performance and the trio band. Sometimes I feel that the improvised music is not easy to understand and absorbable but you and your friends are telented. Music is something hard to explain not just like how to play the instrument. I think the 'Good Musician' is not just know how to play the instrument without looking at the scores, nor can play many songs fluently but in my definition, he/she has to get into the audience's heart with feeling, imaination and of course hungry guts... you are professional...
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Humbled.. Reply with quote

Sunny - thank you, well put very well said I really honor that and appreciate you for taking the time to express this truth. It is very important for me how the listener feels and if they find my music accessible to their imaginations, wishes, hopes, dreams, motivations, aspirations, intentions and such because it is about finding harmony, as well as dissonance.

My creative process is one where I discover what the moment will teach me through sound, I do not have anything prepared before stepping on to stage so I rely on the presence of an audience to motivate my heart to sing a song we can all enjoy.

Best always - thanks for your continued affirmations, support and friendship Sunny.

Vi An
applevinegar
Rosewood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: So enjoyable! Reply with quote

Vi_An wrote:
YES! This is the energy and sharing joyfulness I want to see around here MORE MORE MORE. Not enough of this youthful playful discovery process sharing around here these days.

Here is more sharing in case you all haven't had a chance to enjoy my TED-Talks performance with my trio CONTINUUMUSIC with xahoon, santur, zheng and frame drum:

http://youtu.be/nXeHFyaDEg4

We're all just free-form improvising together all the time, on or off stage, we're always playing from feeling, imagination and our hungry guts...

*Teehehehe*

Keep sharing I LOVE your videos and charm.

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Vi An.

Thanks for sharing Vi An! I can tell from my improvisational-experience that what you pulled off there in that video was not at all easy and required much experience.
I also found it as well as your story very inspirational-- I will keep practicing and consider posting any of my future best-music-videos on this forum. Until then. Very Happy
applevinegar
Rosewood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh-- sorry I almost retained my old dull-self in that previous post-- ehem*
Allow me to try again...

UnTIL nexT tIME!!! Shocked

I am liking my new self Cool
applevinegar
Rosewood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm..
although I'm not going to be afraid to admit this sometimes I'm too spiritual in a certain way... I do feel slightly sad sometimes when it seems like no one likes my music, but as a "test" I end up beating myself up (mentally) after somebody praises my music-- because I want to be sure it's not just how other people say or feel about my music that makes it good or bad to myself... It's nice that there people out there who will try to cheer some one up, though... it's the thought that counts. I'll admit about 99% of music out there I PERSONALLY don't like much. So I feel like a loner with music but eventually realize it's probably better that way. Just to let you know I have no ill intentions, BUT in my OPINION Vi An's concert could have maybe been "better". If we are to be truthful about that we should respect each other's opinions. I know, music is bitter for me because of the way I take it. I think that's just me. And that's kind of why I don't want to just "jump" into any random forum like this-- because I seem to always cause some sort of bitterness. To me, certain kinds of strong bitterness is good. But some people don't want it. In fact a lot of people don't. Or at least not the same kind of bitterness. I thought this forum was a kind of girly club, that's mostly why I didn't feel comfortable here. On top of that I don't like the snob-like feelings I get around here too. When I see a guzheng player in fancy clothing on a stage TiLtTLTiLTiLt-ing! on a lacquered instrument like she has a lot of money... personally it just bothers me. Vi An Deip mentioned it is a free universe-- the truth is, I don't believe so. We are each "trapped" in which ever circumstance we are now whether we like it or not-- we cannot just do anything we want. Like here I might expect someone not to like my post-- maybe then say something rude or stupid to me, and that alone might make me very frustrated and emotionally not want to come here. I'm very clever at certain things, but I do have my idea of right and wrong. And saying things in a mysterious way that will lower my fame is fine. I did enjoy your comments about my music Vi An thank you, not many people have given me much encouragement regarding my music although I work hard at it, that is, other than close family.
I have an urge to be bitter and let others accuse me.
You can ignore all my stupid comments above and call me stupid.
applevinegar
Rosewood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact I almost want someone to call me stupid, I'm used to it.
applevinegar
Rosewood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(you know what... I'm sorry...I have problems (anxiety issues) I start to feel confused sometimes, sorry, it just happens to me-- don't know what to do, so I'm just keeping my post, sorry)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Video All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: