The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guzheng from China

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drobzz
Plywood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Guzheng from China Reply with quote

Greeting to everyone! My name is Dobromir and i'm from Bulgaria.
I having been looking into buying a guzheng for awhile and now I have a friend in China and I want to buy a guzheng from there( in my country nobody sell Guzheng). She tell me to search in www.taobao.com for the instrument and she will buy it and bring it to me when is back in Bulgaria.
Somehow with google translate I find a lot of results with big price range. So my question is how to choose a good and cheap guzheng? I dont know almost anything about this magical and magnificent instrument? Is there any other place in China where she can buy a guzheng(from internet)? Could you give me suggestions for a good instrument?

Thank you and excuse me for my poor english.
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dobromir:

Welcome to the forum.
It's hard to answer your question. There are so many bad sellers on taobao that selling fake name brand guzheng or cheap guzheng made with plywood with sounding title as "concert grade sandalwood......".
However, there are definitely descent sellers with good reputation. To be safe, you can try Dunhuang's official taobao site. It's guaranteed to be authentic, but Dunhuang brand is the only selection.

If she is in Shanghai, I can recommend her going to my friend's shop. She is a honest person, and has good selection of guzheng in her store. She also has a taobao store, but she doesn't put a lot of instruments on there.
drobzz
Plywood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the answer Yukina!

Can you give me a link of your friend's taobao store and the adress in Shanghai and link of Dunhuang's official taobao site. My friend is student in China and she will have a travel tour soon, so i really hope to go in Shanghai Very Happy and see your friend's shop. Thank you again i am really appreciate your help!
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, here is Dunhuang's taobao store:
http://dunhuang.tmall.com/

Here is my friend's taobao store:
http://shop33832835.taobao.com/
(I think she took all the listings off while she is away selecting guzheng from the factories. There is the store phone number and address. Maybe your friend can contact her first.)
drobzz
Plywood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend live near to Shanghai Very Happy so when she have time she will visit the shop. Does she need to tell that you send her to the shop?
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's ok. However, she does need to call in advance, because my friend's store is by appointment only.
drobzz
Plywood

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can take some of these:
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4-40873768.11.H3jslv&id=14901461878
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=9870107656&spm=a1z10.1.w2566174-42720805.1.H3jslv
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4-40873768.8.TPqCMC&id=14896246386

Can someone tell me which one is the best?
Thanks again!
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first and the third one are the same grade, just different design. However, the third one says it's sold out. The listing is for pre-order only.
The second one is a lower grade.
drobzz
Plywood

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again yukina! If you have some other suggestions in that price(2000-2500 Chinese money) you can feel free to share it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Instrument All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: