The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

left fingers plucking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldie
Plywood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: left fingers plucking Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am just throwing this out there...but how many of you find that playing with the right hand with dual left finger plucking difficult? I just can't seem to do it. I play, then when it comes time to yaozhu with the right and pluck with the left, i just tend to stop my right hand and focus on the other side.

Any way to get over this? Any tips/thoughts/ideas?

so happy there is a forum dedicated to this!

Goldie.
Sunny
Nanmu Mica

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldie, may be you should try to step back to the right hand basis first. Try to play Yaozhu until your body gets used to it and can keep playing continusously. Then you try to add the left-hand plucking little by little while doing Yaozhu. This practice will help you to concentrate in left hand plucking while your right hand can do Yaozhu freely and naturally.
Goldie
Plywood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunny wrote:
Goldie, may be you should try to step back to the right hand basis first. Try to play Yaozhu until your body gets used to it and can keep playing continusously. Then you try to add the left-hand plucking little by little while doing Yaozhu. This practice will help you to concentrate in left hand plucking while your right hand can do Yaozhu freely and naturally.

Thanks Sunny! I will take the advice! =)

~Goldie.
Webbedfingers
Junior Guzheng

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it -

your fingers have not loosened themselves up freely to move musically. So when you move the right hand, the left hand gets confused.

Mostly you'll need to strengthen your practice drills (left hand, then right hand) and slowly bring them together.

You can try big or small octave playing with the left hand and combine it with the right hand yaozhi, and so on.

It can be frustrating but keep drilling.

One day I want to be able to do yaozhi with both left and right hands simultaneously Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Technique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: