The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honoring Carol and chinesezither.net !!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Honoring Carol and chinesezither.net !!! Reply with quote

I just wanted to share this with all you awesome friends here on this FINE forum.

I really wanna take a moment to thank the GREAT Lady herself Carol, for making all of this happen for me. I remember Carol from a long time ago on a similar forum discussing about all sorts of Chinese / Asian culture, music and instruments. Anyways, from there as a beautiful lotus bud, she has become an incredible bouquet of a thousand fragrant flowers!

I honor you and I am thankful I met you, you have been such a huge part of my musical career in my creativity, productivity and growth. Your expert advice and your resourcefulness gave me the edge I needed as an artist to do well and be respected in the zheng world.

Three CHEERS for Carol / Yukina !!!! !!!! !!!!

To commemorate this spontaneous celebration and to eternally cherish you for all time I have created a small section on my website for the work you do and the wonderful world you invited all of us into for tea:

http://zhengjazzensemble.weebly.com/promotions.html

With sincere loyalty and great regards,

Vi An Diep.

Carey
Baby Guzheng

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second your sentiment, Vi An! I always wanted to take guzheng lessons but hesitated because of the lack of knowledge about where and how to get the instrument, lessons, advice, etc. But with Carol's website, forum, and recruitment of Rita Li as a teacher, I finally took the plunge and I am so very glad and happy I did. I am still a beginner but I am loving every moment learning new techniques and songs on the guzheng. This is all possible because of Carol, so I am extremely grateful. Thank you so much!
seana
Old Rosewood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you ladies there. What song you were playing ? Just wondering.
Vi_An
Zitan Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya seana we were just posing for the picture :D
applevinegar
Rosewood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to post something here because I feel I owe Carol a special thanks too.
Unlike some other music shops I've been to, Carol never urged us to spend or babble about the products-- She gave a very calm, patient atmosphere allowing my family to decide upon our purchase without feeling rushed.
Actually, at first I was planning to just buy a bag of bridges for making a zither myself-- But after Carol let me try the instrument, that was it, my family saw how connected I was to the instrument-- we all chipped in and it became my birthday present. Very Happy
It was such a pleasant memory. Riding back home with a guzheng shinning in the golden sunset. I have yet to encounter a more pleasant instrument shop with such excellent customer service and forum. (Though I admit I haven't been to many)
To this day, that guzheng is still my favorite instrument that I own.
Thank you Carol, for all your musical support.
I really appreciate it.
mamawa
Plywood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say thanks to her also. Even on the west coast, and myself being in the midwest, she was very helpful in my first guzheng purchase. She explained the pros to me and was very patient through my chain of emails Smile Thanks again Carol!
明月來相照
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: