The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanna buy a new or second-handed Guzheng. I am in UK.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xinxin
Plywood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Wanna buy a new or second-handed Guzheng. I am in UK. Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I am so HAPPY to find this forum. Does anyone want to sell your Guzheng? Or can tell me where to buy one in UK (besides from eBay)?

I just came to Uk a few weeks ago. I really miss my Guzheng in China. But it's impossible for me bring it here because I have lots of other luggage. I will not go back to China untill six months or one year later. I think I'd better buy one here.

Thank you very much for your help.

Xinxin
Email: xin.kang@qq.com
Sketchy
Plywood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from a shop called Hobgoblin, which exists in a few cities*, but you might need to order it in. If you're not in one of those cities, then I'm afraid I do not know, sorry.

Enjoy your time here (as in both the forum and the UK)

*Crawley, Bristol, Canterbury, London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Wadebridge, Milton Keynes.

Edit: Also a friend of mine got hers somewhere else in London, but I don't know where.
Xinxin
Plywood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sketchy,

Thank you for replying. Did you get a Altas 21 String Guzheng from the Hobgoblin? I found they are selling on Amazon,too. But there is no specific desrcription of it, like what kind of wood, ect. How do you like your Guzheng? What kind of material do you think it is made of? Thanks.

Xinxin
Sketchy
Plywood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did indeed, yes.

In terms of what wood, I have no idea. I would guess maybe maple, as it seems very similar to the wood that the bass I modified is made out of. I'm not really a wood expert, sorry.

I've never had a Guzheng before, so I don't know how it compares to other ones, but I personally think it sounds nice (I'm afraid that's the best description I can manage). It's quite a pretty sound, and the lower strings seem to have relatively good sustain, and it has quite a nice reverby sound to it in general. It's probably not an amazing guzheng, but it's certainly fit for purpose (ie. it works and doesn't sound horrible).

I hope that was of some vague help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: