The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Books!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amyong888
Plywood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Books!! Reply with quote

Where to get a guzheng song book that can have both lyrics and with the music notes together? And is there any way to know whether how hard to play the strings and what's the depth of my fingernail to strum the strings? Shocked [/i]
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the guzheng songs don't have lyric.
There are some pop song guzheng score books that have lyric. Is that something you are looking for?

Pluck with only your finger tip. I would say the depth is less than 5mm.
amyong888
Plywood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciated yr help. Pls adv the position of the thumb when come to play three fingers ie. middle finger 1st follow closely by forefinger and then the thumb ( when play vertical note like : 5.3.1 as the sound is different from horizontal 5.3.1.). One show the thumb position curve in and some people show the thumb position is pointed outward.

I try many time but still fail to make the correct sound.

Beside the above position of thumb as described above to play vertical 5.3.1

How above the rest of thumb position is always pointed outward straight or slight curve in.

Pls adv the proper channel to sit for Guzheng Examination as I have no idea something like grade 1 to grade 8, diploma and degree.

My brother adv me that I can learn myself ( on line) instead of go to private institute.

Pls adv where to engage a professional in this line.
yukina
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumb pluck is difficult for beginners. I would recommend you try to pluck the thumb really well before start working on the arpeggio.

When you pluck the thumb individually, try to turn your wrist out and stick your elbow out, so the thumb can pluck forward and inward heading the palm, instead of to curving to the side. Rest the pick perpendicular to the string first before pluck. When rest the pick, the pick is fully in contact with the string. Then pluck. (I'll show a video in a few days.)

Once you secure the thumb pluck, the arpeggio is a lot easier. When doing the arpeggio, the thumb won't be able to rest fully in contact with the string, because the index and middle fingers are also trying to rest fully in contact with the string. So each finger ends up slightly tilting facing the palm.

Yes, it's possible to learn it by yourself. I would recommend a teacher to correct finger positions though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: