The Guzheng Forum Forum Index The Guzheng Forum
guzheng talk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP - 倚yi yin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlui
Plywood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: HELP - 倚yi yin Reply with quote

can someone tell me what that is???

instead of a hauyin on a t attached to a note - it is 53 on top of little t attached to 5 note. sometimes it is places after the note.

hope i described it well.....

help someone!!!??? thank you Laughing
seana
Old Rosewood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi is it ok for you to write down or copy the part and post here, so can exactly sure what you want to know, because different people have different ways to express things.

Seana
jlui
Plywood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi seana!

t5
[/img]

if you can imagine the 53 on top of the small t that is attached to the 5 on the left side (before the note) and then reverse the image so that the 5 is first and the 53 on top of the 't' comes after the note.

i tried to attach a picture of this- wasn't able to. i was wondering if this is a grace note that is played very quickly before/after the main note - in this case 5.

in my book, it is referred to as "yi yin"

i appreciate any and all help.
seana
Old Rosewood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering these notes are on what song of which book? Did you copied exactly from the book or you just explained it by youself ? I have hundred of books and none with it the way as you showed it here. Is it a newest book that I haven't have yet.
jlui
Plywood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tutorial book by sha li jing p.60 the dvd's are bilingual - book is not Crying or Very sad
seana
Old Rosewood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all it's not a T, It's more like a L. There are two types of Yi Yins;
front and back yi yins. There is only one little note on the top with a L attached to the first regular note either at the front or after. This little note should be played very light but have to bring out the sound of the regular note. The other type of yi yin which have two little notes on the top. Same way to play as the first type of yi yin. The one you mentioned is just an example of what it called double yi yin because with two little notes on the top and a L attached to. These 53 to the 5 which I never found on songs. Usually 53 to 2 or 35 to 6. It's better to use your thumb and index fingers to play the two little notes very fast, your middle finger to play the regular note right a way for 53 then2. The 35 to 6, use middle and index fingers to play 35 lightly as quick as you can then thumb to bring the 6 quickly too.
Happy playing and thank you brought out these question.
jlui
Plywood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Seana for your help!!!

i'd like to ask another question of you, if i may - are you familiar with the sideways capital S over notes? if i recall is 535 with the notation.

i thought maybe it was all one w/pressing 3 to 5 then back to 3 then back to 5 - or is it quick plucking of all three? i don't remember which song i saw it in - can you give me some clarification?

thanks again for your time & help! appreciate it very much.
seana
Old Rosewood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to answer your question about the S sideway on top of a note. When a S placed sideway on top of the note, for example: A (S) sideway on top of 1, you press 1 and let it go to 2 and then back to 1. this have to do faster, but you can practice it slower first to get the feeling then bring the speed. Make sure that the sounds are clear no mixed.
There is also another ways that some masters put a cure arrow sideway on top of three notes in a group. It's the same way to play. Like an arrow on top of 121, 232, etc. If there is note before these group then you have to play the note first then do 121. This is just one example, there is a very good short song from Yung Na Ni that you can play with about this S sideway on top of those notes.
PS. Some masters prefers that way because it added colorful tunes to songs according to Chinese regional languages and historical customs.
Happy playing.
jlui
Plywood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help Seana!!!! i think i've been doing pretty well thus far - want to thank you in advance for future help also - if that's ok with you...!!! Embarassed
seana
Old Rosewood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's OK.
Glad you like guzheng music too.
jlui
Plywood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seana - i hope i can return the help one day also!

and yes, i love guzheng music - always have since i was young. and only recently had the ability/time to finally make a childhood dream come true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guzheng Forum Forum Index -> Technique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: